It's been almost a year since I've been to a convention, and as of today, it's 24 days till I'll be at Animazement again.
I've been working on the two new costumes I'm making for it, and I'm nearly done with the sewing parts.
- dress = about 50% : I've been fighting with some darts and pulling in my fabric
- wig = 0% : I think I'm going to try to dye it, as well as style it into that crazy updo...
- makeup = 100% : I've done tests and I think it's going to work well
- shoes = 50% : all they need is to be painted
and a secret costume!
- dress = about 90% : some minor fitting on the arms and a little handsewing and I'm golden
- wig = 100% : I didn't have to do anything but trim the bangs
- makeup = 100% : tests done and they looked good
- shoes = 50% : I need to paint them, and they'll be finished
I guess I can count in my boyfriend's Monster hunter costume, and I'll say it's a big fat 0%
He's been making pepakura files and unfolding the armor he wants to do, but all he's gotten finished is the head... I'm not sure he'll finish the one he wants to do by Animazement at this rate. I'm trying to get him to do the Froggi armor, which is like a cowboy, but he's been overthinking what the fabric should be... aaaagh
Anyway, if anyone will be at Animazement, feel free to say hi if you see me!
Cosplay plans for Animazement so far:
??? in the morning + my secret costume on Friday afternoon/night
Adventure Time in the morning + ??? Saturday afternoon/night
I can't find my dress for Sophitia, so I don't even know if I'll have that this time, which sucks. I've only worn it two times :/ If I can find my dress, I'll probably wear that Friday or Saturday.
If I can find my and my boy friend's Team Magma costumes, we'll probably wear those on Sunday.
I kind of want to do something simple for my boyfriend and myself as a couple, but I'm drawing blanks...